At one time the store covered over 70,000 square feet of floor space. The main building housed offices, dry goods, notions, shoes, ready to wear clothing and the bank. On the third floor could be found linens, housewares, gifts and toys. The basement contained heavy groceries. An addition was added for a large modern supermarket and an appliance department. Then a furniture and hardware/building supply department was added. A pre-curser to the modern day mall the Braselton Brothers provided one stop shopping for everything local residents needed under one roof.
Besides the mercantile business the building also housed the local post office, the office and freight depot of the Gainesville Midland railroad, the local express office, the Braselton Bank, the Braselton Chamber of Commerce and the Braselton Commission Company.
Many of the structures from the late 1800’s and early 1900’s still stand in the town and continue to be used to house businesses that service the local residents and visitors to our town.
Download our walking tour of Downtown brochure