This position is responsible for managing and operating the town water treatment and distribution system and supervising all department personnel. Full job description available
Full-time position with a High school diploma or GED required. Qualified applicant should possess strong organizational, communication, and customer service skills. Minimum of a Georgia Water Operator Class 2 license. Works under the supervision of the Public Works Director. Must have the ability to be bonded, pass background checks and drug testing.
This is a full time position with benefits available.
This is a full time position with benefits available after successfully fulfilling a probationary period.
Special Events Coordinator
This position is responsible for coordinating the logistics for all special events, festivals and other activities in town working closely with the Downtown Director, Tourism Director, Buy Local program and Town Manager to assure that Braselton’s commercial districts present a positive experience for residents, business owners and visitors. The nature of the work requires a high degree of customer service, creativity, flexibility and the ability to work independently, as well as the ability to work well with volunteers and volunteer committees.
- Provides logistical and planning support for outside groups wanting to hold events in town
- Makes certain that all large festivals and events run smoothly and are a positive reflection on the Town of Braselton Brand.
- Takes responsibility for organizing Town events in coordination with the funding agencies to include, but not limited to: July 4th Celebration; movies and concerts on the green; wine hops, PathFest events; Pooches in the Park; and downtown holiday events.
- Works closely to coordinate city-provided services and support for all events on Town property
- Works closely with event organizers on financial record keeping, budgets and expenditures
- Assists with the Public Arts Program, as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A. degree from an accredited college or university in English, business, communications, public relations, marketing or an equivalent program.
- Thorough and progressive experience in special event production, public relations, fund-raising, and working with volunteers. Any equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable.
- Good knowledge of computers and related software applications in word processing and data base management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department personnel, the general public and other town officials.
- Some knowledge of departmental operations and functions or the ability to acquire such knowledge within a reasonable period.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete multiple assignments under deadline conditions in a dynamic office environment.
- Ability and desire to work closely with residents, business owners and volunteers in a positive and respectful way.
- Valid State of Georgia driver's license (Non-commercial Class A or B) with a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR).
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects (10-50 lbs.) sit, bend, squat, and twist on a daily basis; must be able to physically operate city vehicle.
- Ability to walk short distances and work in the outdoors during festivals and special events requiring evening and weekend work.
- Position requires the ability to work in a variety of settings including office and outdoor festivals and events.
- Must have ability to deal with constant interruptions, noise, and meet with others on a regular basis.
This job description includes the major duties and responsibilities of the job and is not to be construed as all-inclusive. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment to the position.
Multiple Water and Wastewater positions.
These positions require performing multiple tasks and responsibilities in the Public Works Department. The positions include, but are not limited to, operating treatment processes, collecting and analyzing samples, handling chemicals, reading and repairing meters, operating and performing maintenance on equipment, maintenance and repair of service lines, distribution and collection mains, facilities, pumps and other devices.
Positions require the ability to operate various vehicles, equipment, and hand and power tools. Operator positions require the applicant attain certification within one year. Hours will include night and weekend work. On-call duty rotation is required.
Must have at least a high school diploma or GED, and a valid Georgia Driver’s License, CDL is preferred. Must have the ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test. Existing Operator licenses are preferred but not required.
These are full time positions with benefits. The salary depends upon qualifications.
Assistant Finance Officer
Positions will remain open until filled. Benefits are available to full time employees who satisfactorily complete a probationary period.
Please forward application to:
Braselton Human Resources, PO Box 306, Braselton, GA 30517
Apply in person at 4982 Highway 53, Braselton, GA;
E-mail - email@example.com
All submittals shall be to the attention of Human Resources.
No phone calls will be taken.
THE TOWN OF BRASELTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Braselton Application for non-Law Enforcement positions
We accept applications for the following positions at any time
Trolley Driver Application
Please forward applications to: Braselton Human Resources Department, PO Box 306, Braselton, GA 30517; apply in person at 4982 Highway 53, Braselton; or fax to 706-654-3109, attn: Human Resources. No phone calls will be taken.
The Town of Braselton is an equal opportunity and a Drug Free Workplace employer.